Friday, January 07, 2011

 

25th ANNIVERSARY EDITION of Pushkin's Secret Journal






The hero of the work, Alexander Pushkin, presents in an encapsulated form his various sexual relations,
his complex thoughts on life, the nature of sin, love, and creativity, as well as the complicated path that
led him to his tragic end.

The Secret Journal has incited and continues to incite the most contradictory responses.
Now published in 25 countries, The Secret Journal deserves to be placed among the most scandalous works of Russian literature.

In spite of the international success of Pushkin’s Secret Journal lasting now a quarter century, no major U.S. publisher has dared to publish it.


Comments:
Hi. My name is Donna and I have a degree from the University of Texas in Russian, Eastern European, and Eurasian Studies. I had to memorise Pushkin's "I loved you" for my Russian class. I just posted in my blog about what Lit Russians like and why and I talked about how he wrote a lot that he didn't publish. Check it out.
http://imdonnawelles.blogspot.com/2011/06/russian-lit-what-russians-like-and-why.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?